California Momma's Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

KNOWING WHERE TO LOOK










STARTING MY OWN BUSINESS LEFT ME FEELING AND thinking how uninformed and unaware and unprepared I was. Nobody ever tells us just how much is involved in starting your own business. At least nobody ever told me. And so I didn't know. I take full responsibility of the fact that I didn't research long enough or deep enough. I wasn't thorough enough in my developmental process, and my business planning was definitely less then desirable,  I'll admit. 
Sitting here not even a week after my "GRAND OPENING" with still not a sale or even inquiries about anything on my store, I'm thrust into my own reality. The exhilarating joy I was feeling for the few days prior to my Grand Opening has faded quickly into this harsh reality of the times we are in. The economy is only the beginning of what I, as a business owner, have to face. 
LICENSING, COPYRIGHT, FEDERAL TAX ID, BUSINESS LICENSES, DBA OR DOING BUSINESS AS,  CORPORATION OR SINGLE OWNER, 
These are just the beginning of the things I was unaware of.
Online Businesses have more items to deal with.
SHOPPING CART FOR ONLINE STORE, ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS, PROCESSING ORDERS, BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNTS, BOOK KEEPING, ACCOUNTING, WEBSITE FEES,
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

So here's my answer to this stressed out, messed up situation I put myself in. 

1. U.S. Department of Commerce
    1401 Constitution Ave. 
    Washington D.C. 20230
2. National Women's Business Center
    1001 Connecticut Ave. Suite 919
    Washington DC. 20036
3. Coalition for Women's Economic Development Micro loan 
    Program
    "WOMEN'S EDGE"
    1825 Conneticut Ave. NW, Suite 800
    Washington DC 20009
    (202) 884-8394
4. LADIES WHO LAUNCH 
    Women's Entrepreneurs: Resources for Women in
    Business & Networking Organizations  
5. THE SECRETS IN THE SAUCE
    "The Secret To Success is in Support"
Hopefully this list of resources for Women will get me on track and if they can help someone else, then what I went through, am going through, is worth it!!
Love and Creativity From a California Momma,
Angela H.

No comments:

RECENT COMMENTS

MY CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE